All England are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy environment for our staff, volunteers and participants and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
Our Policy therefore, is to:
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as is possible.
- Minimise energy and water use in order to conserve supplies and minimise the consumption of natural resources.
- As far as is possible, purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment.
- Train, educate and inform our staff and volunteers about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Promote environmental awareness among our team and encourage them o work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Produce printed material in accordance the Carbon Balancing programme which is delivered by World Land Trust, an international conservation charity, who protects the world’s most biologically important and threatened habitats acre by acre. Their Carbon Balanced Programme offsets emissions through the purchase and preservation of high conservation value forests.
- Eliminate the printing of certificates in favour of a print at home option.